Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sleeping Bags, Homelessness, and Unemployment


These three phrases pretty much sum up my life right now. Yesterday was my last day of earning a paycheck and having a place to live until....umm the spring sometime. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, merely contemplating. These circumstances are all self induced. Yesterday ended the Hanna season in Grand Teton once again. Overall it was an amazing summer and we are truly fortunate to live, work, and play in such a special place. But now starts another adventure in our lives. An adventure where we rely on our friends offering up their couches, futons, and floors, we hope Clay's financial frugalness pays off, and our sleeping bags become our beds. (We thank all of you who have already offered up your couches and floors to us) If you were a reader of this blog last fall when it began you would know that this vagabond lifestyle is not something new to me. As much as I loathe packing up my life every several months I am always excited for new adventures. Right now we are heading back to the east coast for some family time. But we will return to Jackson Hole so Clay can take his EMT class and learn how to save lives before we head to the southern hemisphere for the rest of the winter. See it's really not as bleak as it sounds, the homelessness and joblessness that is. The lack of income will reduce our taxes, living with our friends will only enhance those relationships (I hope), and the sleeping bags...well at least they zip together ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck, you two. You always have a place to stay in the hottest city in America. I promise I will turn up the air as high as it will go if you ever come visit me. I can't wait to see your posts from Down Under. And, I can't wait to hear if you pick up new - sort of Southern, sort of Southern Hemisphere accents... Just a thought. ;) Meg

maureenfinnerty said...

And you will also have a place in one of the coldest places in America... Black Canyon of the Gunnison. :) Meg and I like to mix it up.

Unknown said...

Cleveland Rocks! Our home is your home. Our own kids seldom darken our doorways so if you guys need a place for a few months come on over! When iks the last time you had an adventure with MO'S Mom? Love, Susie and Mike

Kristen said...

Four Words: Cabin in the Woods. Open for thanksgiving when Chez Maki is closed ;)

Amy said...

Homeless as well. Still waiting for unemployment to kick. In Oregon. Ryan and I hope to be in Enterprise here next month. So if you guys need some good brew when you get back you have a couch to crash on.