Thursday, December 4, 2008

Things you do with a broken toe


Normally at this time, I would be skinning up Red Mountain Pass and enjoying stunning views and some hard earned turns in mediochre snow. Unfortunately, that damn toe is still deformed and waiting for my podiatric consult next week. So, we got creative. Well, not really, but we did learn some stuff. We loaded all the dogs in the Subie and headed down to Telluride in our big winter boots. We hiked the Idorado Mine trail in the snow. We read every single sign. Why? Because I can't ski. I'll spare you all the dissertation on Colorado's mining history. It's a delightful substitute for skiing. Really. Although, brokenness does encourage vehicular exploration. The Last Dollar Road was lovely and I have included this picture. Let's just hope that the exceedingly poor choice of barefoot ultimate in July does not lead to a book on Colorado mining history. But until I get unbroken. here's to educational experiences.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That darn toe is STILL giving you heck? Such a small digit, so often taken for granted. I hope yours feels all the concern focused on it and gets over its sulks soon.

maureenfinnerty said...

thanks friend.