Monday, November 16, 2009

Facebook: Life's Greatest Moments


Before I headed to bed this evening, I took a cruise through the Live Feed on my Facebook homepage. There were many highlights. I love it when people post great photos (usually of their kids). I like hearing about fun new stuff in people's lives. I could do without the "I'm exhausted and my life is really hard" status updates, but most of them I really enjoy. I feel much more connected to people that are far away. Here's the thing, though... I don't do status updates. I don't feel like very many things in my life warrant a status update. The highlights I picked out today were:
  • Having a drink celebrating being homeowners
  • Posting new baby pics.
  • Just picked out the dresses
Those are indeed milestones. Homes, babies, bridesmaids. In response, I have thought of a few status updates that I will never post, but that adequately reflect my life in the past year.

Actual update: is getting married!!!
My update: Is still living in sin.

Actual update: is giving Tyler his first bath.
My update: is giving my dog a bath after he rolled in a dead seal.

Actual update: OMG! The twins are potty trained!
My update: OMG! My dog just got colitis...again...and pooed directly on top of a pine cone so it made an even bigger mess. Still working on the potty training.

Actual update: Just bought a house!
My update: Just mailed in my twelve thousand dollar rent check.

Actual update: Is painting the kitchen.
My update: Is trying to adjust my faux suede couch cover and thrift store throw pillows in such a way so as it doesn't look like I own a $15 couch.

Actual update: is relaxing watching the Colts beat the Pats after a day of lawn work.
My update: is relaxing watching the Colts beat the Pats after walking the dogs with the boyfriend in a beautiful mountain town in the Sierra.

Well, maybe things aren't so bad after all... :) I still won't probably do status updates, but I hope everyone else does... clearly, I enjoy them. Thanks to all who keep me checking my Live Feed!

No comments: