Friday, July 18, 2008

Damn the man, save the empire!

Okay, I'm on week three with the stupid toe, so I decided to take my fancy new government insurance and go to the doctor. She was able to tell me, "I don't think it's broken, but you do have 'turf toe', which is common in people who play sports barefoot." I was given 2-4 weeks in this sweet blue shoe thing. Ah well... But, that means I need to take up a new hobby...
I tried crocheting and knitting-both met with varying degrees of success, but nothing that would make me open a craft shop. Then I thought, "Of course! I'll get a ukelele!" but, alas, that would necessitate learning to play yet another instrument that I don't currently own. I think maybe I should get better at the ones I've already attempted. So, the solution, you ask? Fly fishing. Of course. I went this morning and decided it was pretty darn fun. I caught two little fishies (otherwise known as brown trout) and promptly dehooked them and threw them back. But the fish were lovely and it was a pretty good way to spend a morning with a silly stupid toe. And Bear likes to go. I jumped a little when I caught the first one, it was super exciting. I'll post some pics when i remember to bring my computer and camera on the same day. Till then, off to try to catch some more fishies.

1 comment:

Ranger Bob said...

Tea-toetaling has classically been associated with the dampening of flies for fishies. But given your toe damage as well as the significant toe loss of your loyal fishing pooch, I'd go with whisky-sipping.
Much Love,
Ranger Bob