Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Well, academy isn't quite like Hogwarts, but I do think it's pretty magical that I've learned how to properly shoot a firearm. And I haven't seen any bewitched ceilings. But its a class nonetheless and I seem to be making it through. Today marks the end of 2 weeks. 7 more to go. Bear has settled in, too. He spends his days eating walnuts in the yard. Strangely enough, there are no squirrels in Sonoma County, so I think he's fairly disappointed. We found a great place to stay about 20 minutes from the academy. I am not, however, accounting for the stop and go traffic I encounter every day. At that moment, skills such as apparition would we significantly more useful than the memorization of the Bill of Rights. Oh, the fun never stops. And neither does the marching. I'm getting rather good at it, actually. I'm sure I'll use it. Alot. I see party games coming on... This will be a good adventure, really. The first part, living out of the subaru, was a bit stressful, but it seems to be getting better. The shooting is fun... in a stressful, high energy sort of way. I have not however, lost focus. Ski season is quickly approaching and fortunately, there's a climbing gym in Santa Rosa. Saving graces, really. It's important to stay focused. Hopefully adventures in the Bay Area this weekend! :)

No comments: