Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blogging and Knitting

It's been 2 weeks. I am blogging and knitting. The spring skiing should be good right now. I am blogging and knitting. Oh, and walking the dog. And I have managed to catch up with the online episodes of Grey's Anatomy. This is the sure fire way to cure a torn rib muscle. Or so my two trips to two different Urgent Care facilities this week have told me. I have heard two separate doctors both utter the phrase, "I'm stumped". Crap. No one wants to pay $250 to hear that. I got the same diagnoses from my EMT coworkers for free. But we go to the doctor because it makes us feel better to have a professional opinion (and to get chest x-rays to rule out things like pleurisy, cracked ribs, and a spontaneous pneumothorax). I suppose I feel better knowing that I have none of those things. And my first doctor was quite attractive in an odd way. His burnt orange fleece was covered with dog hair. I was in a baby blue cotton robe held together with flimsy cotton ties and my feet were covered with stinky orange ski socks. Not my finest moment. That is why you should shave your legs regularly and always wear cute underwear. You never know who your doctor will be. Obviously I had done neither that day. Perhaps if I had... well, probably not, but it's good motivation to wear cute panties anyways. They're fun. So, for today, I am lementing that at corn thirty I am on my couch with the three legged wonder dog and not breathing in cold air on a ridgetop somewhere in the Sierras getting ready for some hard earned turns. But, I do like Grey's Anatomy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sister is the funniest girl ever. She should go back and talk to the doctor. Right? And they could hang out, and walk their dogs, and they could make little baby ski bum doctor babies?