Saturday, May 10, 2008

To the DEPO


Yep, that's DEPO, like Devil's Postpile, not depot, like where you wait for the bus or where my friend Barb works in Olympic (sorry Barb!) So, I got this job in this itty bitty little monument known as the Postpile. It's a bit of a pay raise and I get that always coveted government status. Neat. But more than that, it is cold there, I can ski till June, and ski more in November. Where are my priorities?!? On my Black Diamonds, that's where. So it's a neat gig and it is a mere 25 minutes from Mammoth Lakes, which I hear is an okay little spot. See attached photo, then promptly buy your plane tickets to Reno, rent a car, and come on out to my little cabin in the Ansel Adams wilderness. Door is open, as per standard operating procedure. :) And rumor is my phone will work, so just give a holler if you need a mountain vacation.

No comments: