Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Begun

Yesterday my season of changing lives one Junior Ranger at a time began. It was a thrill a minute first day. Eight hours of seasonal check-in that was remarkably similar to last year's check and the previous year, only four hours longer. Fantastic. I should have know by the way the day got started that is was going to be an all-star day.
My husband has always been concerned about me getting the adequate vitamins and minerals my body requires. Kind of weird I know. For one birthday in college he bought me the Costco size container of Vitamin C pills. Super romantic. To his credit though there was a sweet North Face sleeping bag to go along with my super sized bottle of immune system boosting vitamins. Anyways recently he has renewed his motivations to keep my bones healthy and my immune system strong by buying me once-a-day vitamins. But he knows that just buying them for me does not mean I will remember to consume them once a day. So in very Clay Hanna fashion he has started leaving them out for me everyday in a shot glass. Yes I realize we are only 26 and this kind of sounds like something we will be doing for each other when we are 76, but at least they are in a shot glass and not one of those Tupperware containers with the days written on it. So yesterday in my anxiousness and excitement to get to seasonal check in (which I was late for because I couldn't find it) I woke up late and didn't have time for breakfast. I still downed my shot glass of life lengthening pills as I ran out the door. Bad idea. As we were passing Taggart Lake I started to experience little ripples of nausea that continued to increase to full on waves of nausea as we passed Beaver Creek. By the time we were to Windy Point turnout (2.5 miles from our house) I was experiencing nausea that I can only assume is similar to the first trimester of pregnancy. I was also asking Clay loudly to pull over. I then proceeded to vomit the contents of my stomach including previously mentioned vitamins on the side of the road. At Windy Point turnout. With traffic passing by. Awesome. After a couple minutes of that fun I began to feel normal again and proceeded on towards seasonal check-in.
So what is the moral of this blogging session? Always eat before consuming ANYTHING out of a shot glass. Clearly. Otherwise you are probably going to find yourself on the side of the road puking your guts out :)

1 comment:

maureenfinnerty said...

A lesson Ben needed here in Mammoth. We too were pulled over puking. Lightweight!