Thursday, April 24, 2008

Anna DeLaine Phoenix

Maybe not a common household name yet. (Depends on the household I suppose). Give it time though, it will be. In a few short weeks this super star will be closing the book on her undergraduate career at West Virginia University. And as she does with all things in her life she will be doing it with style. Anna will be graduating in the top of her class at WVU. Not the top of her Interior Design Program (that too), but the top of the 2008 Senior Class at WVU. She is among the top 50 graduates of 2008. Oh yea and her senior class consists of about 6,000 students. Neat. Here is what the WVU press release had to say about her.
WVU to honor 50 outstanding seniors during Commencement Honors Convocation
Anna Phoenix, of Cross Lanes, has aspirations of becoming the interior designer for the White House. She will graduate in May with a 4.0 GPA and Bachelor of Science degree in interior design. She plans to obtain a job as a designer, receive professional certification and earn a master’s degree in museum studies or a related field. “While a career is important to me, I know that it is not my only purpose in life,” she said. “Serving my community and ultimately the world is very important to me. I believe that people are the most important part of life, and I want my life to reflect that.” As a resident assistant in Bennett Tower, Phoenix has overseen floor programming, chaperoned trips and interacted with freshmen on a daily basis. She served as adviser to the Bennett Tower Community Service Club and coordinated monthly projects. Phoenix spent a semester in Morocco studying Islamic art and architecture, the history of the Middle East and North Africa and the impact of globalization on women in Third World countries. She has been awarded the PROMISE; WVU Mountaineer; Davis College of Agriculture, Forestry and Consumer Sciences Alumni; and Joan Oty travel scholarships. Phoenix has also been named to the WVU President’s List and awarded the Phi Kappa Phi Outstanding Freshman and Gamma Sigma Delta Outstanding Junior awards. She is the daughter of Paul and Shirlett Phoenix.
This is what I have to say about her. Anna you are about one of the most amazing people I know and I could not be more stoked for you and all your accomplishments. But I am even more so impressed with the person that you are. (I already knew you were outstanding). I know every place you will go and every person you meet will be better because of your presence. Tomorrow is Anna's Senior Interior Design Exhibit. (If I could apparate I would so be there). The culmination of her work from the last four years. I can say from experience this moment is a huge sign of relief. Although her designs and projects are more than amazing, they do not tell the whole story of her time at WVU. I know the people you have met there will not soon forget you and your impact in those lives (especially the ones you helped to not puke on themselves..multiple times) will be appreciated for a long time. I know you will only continue to make your corner of the world a better and brighter place for everyone in it. 'Girlfriend you are beautiful.'

So remember this name because I know Anna will only continue to do amazing things. How do I know this? Because while I was outside getting dirty, looking for crawdads, and taking my bike off of sweet jumps Anna was inside copying the dictionary!

1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

amiee...so excited..didnt even know you hada blog..
im adding you to mine:)