Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pain From the Valley

I have pics, I am just too lazy to put them on here right now. I'll get on it. So far, my recreational pursuits in Yosemite have been, well, painful, to say the least. This weekend I did my first two climbs in the valley... a lovely little 5.8 finger crack, which was delightfully fun, and a horrible 5.7 offwidth that took about everything I had just to not get my hips stuck in it. In the process of attempting this little gem of a climb, I managed to completely scraped my back on the rock. That will teach me to try to wear cute climbing tops. Dumb. Then today I was riding my bike to the gym and decided with my new Mark Lobsanger tune up, I'd jump a few curbs. This was a dumb idea. I was a bit too far forward in the saddle and proceeded fly head first over the handle bars into a pile of pine duff. I had pine needles in my hair, mouth, and underwear. It was neat. Supposedly it was a spectacular fall. Shame the faller never sees it. Only minor injuries sustained and it was totally worth the sweet curb jump.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I'm sure it was a spectacular fall :) Funny stuff dude!