Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here Goes Nothing!

I made it through the first three days at Yosemite. Holy crap. So the Valley is shenanigans. But my housing is sweet- I can walk or bike everywhere. Bear is soooo getting a trailer for the bike! The folks I work with have been very supportive, funny, and welcoming. Super! Currently, I feel a bit in over my head at the moment, but I think that will pass. I managed to pass my shooting qualifications by some act of the gun god, having not shot anything since December. Once again, I hope my first gunfight is in the dark with a shotgun. Me and the pea shooter, not so much. But I qualified. And day one on patrol... Pretty sleepy in the a.m. then I was reminded of where I work. A guy threatening to hurt himself. That was interesting. And seven minutes later, I got to assist with an arrest for a misdemenor warrant. I did my first person search on day one. Sweet. I think I work in a busy place. I think I'm about to learn a proverbial crapload about law enforcement. So, here goes nothing! Also on the docket this month... technical rescue training, fire refresher, and some miscellaneous EMS trainings. I think this'll be all right, friends. I will, however, be VERY ready for my margaritas in Olympic and some relaxing in the last frontier when I'm done. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's hoping you don't have to take down "Enemy Number 1." (a raccoon with an aluminum can for a hand) I hear those things are practically bullet-proof.

maureenfinnerty said...

funny... way to fire up the wayback machine. ;)